Friday, May 14, 2010

Beginning Introduction

For about twelve years I have been working as a hospice chaplain. This is a full-time job that can be very rewarding, but can also be emotionally draining, as you could imagine. Over the years I have also taken on part-time pastoral work with smaller membership congregations in the area. Most recently, I spent almost three years with a church where I would lead worship and preach on a weekly basis, plus take on some other responsibilities with pastoral leadership. It has been about a year since that job came to an end. It has been a pleasure to become part of another community of faith in a non-clergy role. As it turns out, the pastor is taking a three month sabbatical this summer and has asked if I could provide temporary pastoral supply during her absence. Of course, I said yes. So now I am preparing for my summer. I anticipate making occasional posts related to my journey through this experience. You are welcome to journey with me and offer your reflections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment